About Me

My photo
Nothing much just go through my blogs to know who am i

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Kite Runner



I have never heard of the book until i bumped into this one,I started reading this one thinking its from this book the film "Children from heaven " is made.As always its from films that i start reading,but this one betrayed me in a nice way ,the film is "The kite runner" itself which i will watch soon.
"Kite Runner"-outrun my expectations.The words written on the cover page is apt, of all the books i have read till day,this one touched me most.The author brought a realistic touch  into the story.His narrations about his childhood at afghanistan is superb.I have never heard of a peacfull afghan before.More than that the book is picturing Courage & Cowardice,And the guilty conscience of a child till he is reached his late 40s' and he using a chance to get redemption.
The boy Amir is the centre of the book,his father whom he calls Baba,fathers' friend Rahim khan,Hasan,Ali are also key players of the story.It asks a few questions to a reader.Baba is the role model of  little Amir,throughout life.He taught him stealing is the biggest sin of all,If you kill someone you are stealing someones' right to live,if you elope with someones' wife ,you are stealing his wife,stealing the child mom..etc etc
But in the course of his life Amir finds that his father stole some thing from him"his right to know".
Through out the story whatever happened was just opposite to my expectations,and yet it remained real.As a whole its a nice read.And full of suspenses as well.

No comments: